Gear up for fall by joining the Paternostro Family Foundation in our first-ever virtual race! Every other October, we bring you our Harnessing Hope 5K Run/Walk event live and in-person. Since 2019 is an off year for our live event, we are offering you a chance to stay connected with us by running or walking your own 10K or 5K! This means you can run or walk your 10K or 5K at your own convenience, at your own pace, on your own schedule. This is the perfect time to show your support for our Foundation, while getting outside and running or walking for those you love.
WHAT: Harnessing Hope Virtual 10K or 5K Run/Walk
PRESENTED BY: The Paternostro Family Foundation
WHEN: Anytime between July 15 and October 15, 2019
WHERE: Wherever you like to run or walk, anywhere around the globe!
This year, we have partnered with Run Sign Up for our online registration. Simply click the link above to be redirected to our online registration page.
- Harnessing Hope Virtual 10K or 5K long-sleeved, wick-away race shirt (when you register for these distances).
- An inspiring run or walk with family & friends at your convenience!
- A chance to show your support and raise money for a local cancer charity!
Here is how it works:
- Register for the 10K or 5K and complete the run on your own schedule! Simply run or walk 6.2 or 3.1 miles any time between July 15 and October 15.
- We will send you the official Paternostro Family Foundation Virtual Race long-sleeved, wick away shirt!
- Shipping will be done twice: Once for those who register by August 31 (shipping on or about September 5) and once for those who register between September 1 and October 15 (shipping on or about October 21).
- Please note that you do not have to have your race shirt prior to running and recording your 10K or 5K time! Once registered, you can knock out your miles anytime between July 15 and October 15!
- Be sure to use #harnessinghopevirtualrunwalk when you complete your run/walk and post your results on social media!
There are four ways to show your support:
1. 10K Virtual Run: $30.00* (includes long-sleeved, wick away race shirt)
2. 5K Virtual Run/Walk: $25.00* (includes long-sleeved, wick away race shirt)
3. Supporter: $15.00* (No running or walking involved! This is simply a donation to the Paternostro Family Foundation.)
4. Spectator: $10.00* (No running or walking involved! This is simply a donation to the Paternostro Family Foundation.)
*There will be an additional processing fee (approx. $2.50) to be collected by RunSignUp to help us to process payments and keep up-to-date registration lists and reports.
Every person who registers for the 10K or 5K option, completes their race by October 15, shares their race picture on Instagram with #harnessinghopevirtualrunwalk, and tags @Paternostro_Family_Foundation will be entered into a drawing to win a $100.00 Amazon gift card! Drawing will be conducted on October 16, 2019.
Harnessing Hope. Living Passionately.
Inspiring Others. Giving Back.
Why We Run:
Proceeds from this race will benefit the Paternostro Family Foundation and will be used to fulfill our mission to provide provide support to local families facing a cancer diagnosis.
Your donation may provide a bag of hope to a newly-diagnosed cancer patient at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in Williamsport, provide two free headcovers to women experiencing hair loss from cancer treatment, or help a person fighting cancer to make a monthly utility payment. Each dollar invested in our Foundation has meaning for someone, and we are so thankful for each and every donor.
We do it all with love. Your support is appreciated!
Support / FAQ:
How far is a 10K and how far is a 5K?
A 10K is 6.2 miles and a 5K is 3.1 miles.
What is the race course?
During our virtual race, the race course is anywhere you like to run or walk.
If I run my race in August, why do I have to wait until October to get my race shirt?
Great question! We will only be placing one order for race shirts. We have to know who will be registering for which race to order the correct number of race shirts. But, your quality, long-sleeved race shirt will arrive in time for you to wear it though the fall and winter running season!
Do you need race day volunteers?
Not for our virtual race, but keep us in mind in 2020 when we bring our race back to a live event.
Why do you use the hummingbird in your logo?
The hummingbird, a symbol of peace, love, and happiness, was Kass’s favorite bird!