The Team Kass Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce the details of our 2014 Kathleen Paternostro Morgan Memorial Scholarship.
This year, the Board voted to increase the award amount to $1,000.00 to be granted to one deserving graduate as selected by the Board following the nominations and review process.
“Investing in our students, and our community, and honoring Kass’s memory in this way brings our family great happiness, as we know how much Kathleen loved her school, her participation in sports, and her community,” remarked Krista Paternostro, chairman of the Team Kass Board. “We are grateful to the Hughesville community for its support of our inaugural Team Kass Foundation events, and look forward to continuing to build this scholarship program in future years. We were raised in a family environment that recognized and focused on hard work, a strong work ethic, and an understanding of the value of service to others. Kass certainly exemplified these qualities and this scholarship given in her memory helps us to recognize and support these same qualities in our next generation of leaders.”
Please see the details for this year’s scholarship below:
Scholarship Amount: $1,000.00
Frequency: Presented annually during graduation ceremonies at Hughesville High School.
Purpose: To provide an annual scholarship to a deserving Hughesville High School senior who demonstrates Kathleen’s esteemed qualities and work ethic, including dedication to academics, sports, and the community in which he/she lives.
- Applicants must be a member of the graduating class.
- Applicants must have participated in sports, with preference given to basketball and tennis, during their senior year.
- Applicants must have been accepted to attend college upon graduation.
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application and write a 500-word essay.
- Scholarship applications are available through Mr. Bower’s office at Hughesville High School.
- Applications must be submitted by 1 May 2014.
- Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com or via direct mail to: Team Kass Foundation, PO Box 1862, Williamsport, PA 17703.
- Finalists will be determined by the Team Kass Foundation Board of Directors.
- Two members of Kathleen’s family may elect to meet briefly with the finalists to determine the final scholarship recipient.
About Kathleen: Kathleen Paternostro Morgan was a 1990 graduate of Hughesville High School. A standout athlete, she played the number one singles position in girls tennis and was a starting member of the 1990 District IV championship girls’ basketball team. Kathleen was posthumously inducted into the Hughesville High School Athletic Hall of Fame in October 2013.
In addition to her love for sports, Kathleen had a creative spirit and was an accomplished artist. She graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Technology in 1992 with a degree in Food & Hospitality Management and worked within the hospitality industry for 20 years before her journey to Heaven in July 2012 at the young age of 40. She was the proud mother of Josephine, whom she loved with all of her heart.
To learn more about Kathleen, please visit our website at http://teamkass.com.