American Red Cross Blood Drive
Monday, June 17, 2013
1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Hughesville Fire Hall
Railroad & Water Street (click to see a map)
Hughesville, PA 17737
During Kass’s year-long battle against cancer, she endured over 39 blood transfusions, made possible by many generous donors from around the country. We will never forget watching this process and knowing that Kass always felt so much better after these transfusions! It has been so gratifying to know that people actually take the time to donate blood. It is such an important part of the battle.
Now, in the spirit of giving back, we invite you to help us to honor Kass’s fight by donating a pint of blood to the American Red Cross. Your involvement and participation would mean so much to our family, as we know it would to Kass!
Did you know:
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- The number one reason donors say they give blood is because they “want to help others.”
- One donation can help save the lives of up to three people.
Source: American Red Cross
THANK YOU FOR HELPING OTHERS IN THIS FIGHT!
One thought on “June 17, 2013 Blood Drive: In Loving Memory of Kass”
It’s a wonderful thing you are doing in Kass’s memory….she would be so happy to touch so many lives…I will not let distance stop me from helping , I will work a drive in her memory locally…I am a Red Cross Volunteer and really enjoy working the blood drives…..God bless …