We are pleased to announce the creation of the Kathleen Paternostro Morgan Memorial Scholarship Program! During 2013, we will recognize two deserving graduates from Hughesville High School who exemplify Kass’s spirit and dedication to sports, academics, and her community. With your help, we plan to expand this program in the future.
Please read below for the 2013 scholarship guidelines and criteria.
Kass loved life! She held many fond memories of her time spent in school close in her heart. So we are very pleased to be able to provide financial support to aspiring student athletes in this small way.
Purpose: To provide annual scholarships to deserving high school seniors who demonstrate Kathleen’s esteemed qualities and work ethic, including dedication to academics, sports, and the community in which they live.
Scholarship Amount: $300.00 (2 awards to be presented)
Frequency: Presented annually during graduation ceremonies at Hughesville High School.
- Applicants must be a member of the graduating class.
- Applicants must have participated in sports, with preference given to basketball and tennis, during their senior year.
- Applicants must be attending college upon graduation.
- Applicants must complete the scholarship application and write a 500-word essay.
- Applications are available from Hughesville High School officials, and must be submitted by 15 May.
- Applications may be submitted via direct mail to: Team Kass Foundation, PO Box 1862, Williamsport, PA 17703.
- Two members of Kathleen’s family may elect to meet briefly with the nominees to determine the final scholarship recipient(s).
About Kathleen: Kathleen Paternostro Morgan was a 1990 graduate of Hughesville High School. A standout athlete, she played the number one singles position in girls tennis and was a starting member of the 1990 District IV championship girls basketball team. In addition to her love for sports, Kathleen had a creative spirit and was an accomplished artist. She graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Technology in 1992 with a degree in Food & Hospitality Management and worked within the hospitality industry for 20 years before her journey to Heaven in July 2012 at the young age of 40. She was the proud mother of Josephine, whom she loved with all of her heart.
To learn more about Kathleen, please visit our website at http://teamkass.com.
One thought on “Scholarship Program to Celebrate & Remember Kass’s Achievements”
What a wonderful way to honor Kass’ life…by improving others’ lives. Inspiring